Friday, December 3, 2010

Baby Sock Advent Calendar

Last year I searching for a cute easy to do Advent Calendar for the boys, and I couldn't find anything inspiring.  I'm not a very crafty person, though I wish I was.  I can't sew, and everything I would find that was cute required some sewing skills.  So after looking around, I was inspired from a few different things, and came up with my own advent calendar.
 I will say, I didn't want to spend a lot of money on the ones in the store, but after making this one, I probably spent close to what the store ones cost.  But this one is unique!!


I just used all these little lonely socks laying around the house, and hot glued stickers, ribbons and anything else I found that I could use. 
Last year, I put little treat in each sock, but I found it hard to find things that size, and I became a little lazy.  So this year, I bought the $1 advent calendars with chocolates in them from Aldi, and I put a puzzle piece in each of the socks.  That way, the kids get to add a puzzle piece to their puzzle each day, and by Christmas, they'll have a finished puzzle.  I have to give credit to my sister for the puzzle idea!

No comments:

Post a Comment