- You will need: Construction paper, Glue, Sand.
- Give each child a piece of construction paper, and allow them to draw a
picture or write words with the glue. Make sure that they do not put globs
of glue in any one spot.
- Before the glue dries take the picture over to dry sand and with your hand pour sand onto the glue.
- Let it sit for a few minutes and then shake off the excess sand.
- Let it dry flat for about a half an hour.
- You will need: Plastic laundry bottle, Markers, Stickers (optional), Scissors or a sharp knife.
- Cut the top of the laundry bottle off, leaving the handle.
- Remove packaging labels and wash the outside to remove any residue.
- Wash the inside thoroughly, making sure that all soap residue has been removed.
- Decorate the outside with markers, stickers, or anything else you want. (You can glue decorations).
- Let dry completely before using.
- Let the kids make their own version of a sand castle with dirt. Save old margarine and yogurt containers and use them to mold the dirt into castle towers. Make sure the dirt is moist. You can use leaves, sticks and rocks to add windows, doors, and flags.