You Will Need:
- 1 Quart-sized zip top plastic bag
- 1 Gallon-sized zip top plastic bag
- Ice cubes
- 1 c. half & half
- 1 c. whipping cream
- 3 T. sugar
- 1 t. vanilla (optional)
What to do:
- Have your kids place half & half, whipping cream, sugar, and vanilla, in the smaller bag.
- Zip bag and place inside the larger one. Pack ice inside larger bag around the smaller one.
- Pour at least 1 cup of table salt evenly over ice. Seal large bag.
- Have your kids Manipulate and shake the bag. (for a little while)
- Check consistency of ice cream.
- When it gets harder, take out the small bag, place ice cream in bowl and enjoy!
Thanks http://60secondscience.org/ for the idea!