Thursday, September 22, 2011

Homemade Ice Cream with the Kids

Here's a fun and Yummy treat to make with the kids!


You Will Need:
  • 1 Quart-sized zip top plastic bag
  • 1 Gallon-sized zip top plastic bag
  • Ice cubes
  • Salt
  • 1 c. half & half
  • 1 c. whipping cream
  • 3 T. sugar 
  • 1 t. vanilla (optional)


What to do:
  • Have your kids place half & half, whipping cream, sugar, and vanilla, in the smaller bag.
  • Zip bag and place inside the larger one. Pack ice inside larger bag around the smaller one.
  • Pour at least 1 cup of table salt evenly over ice. Seal large bag.
 Now the fun begins!
  • Have your kids Manipulate and shake the bag. (for a little while)
  • Check consistency of ice cream.
  • When it gets harder, take out the small bag, place ice cream in bowl and enjoy!



 
Thanks http://60secondscience.org/ for the idea!

1 comment:

  1. This sounds great! I can almost remember making ice cream a similar way at camp in the 6th grade, but I'm not 100% sure. I kind of remember making it with Halloween Oreos, so it had orange in it. I have the most random memories, I love when I read posts like this and it brings them back. I'm bookmarking this and I may try it next time my niece is here =) Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete