Friday, September 21, 2012

Mummy Lights Halloween Craft


I saw the cutest picture for these Mummy Lights on Pinterest from Hi Sugarplum!, and I just had to give it a try.  They looked very easy to make, and since I'm not the craftiest, easy is a must for me.

Here's how I made them:

 
I just used a few empty glass jars I had around the house.  (I knew these would come in handy one day!).  You can use glasses, vases, or mason jars, anything will work.  Then, I bought some rolled gauze and google eyes from the Dollar Tree.  I used about three boxes of gauze.
 
 
The only additional thing I used was my trusty glue gun.
 
 
I started with a little bit of glue on the inside of the jar, and then started rolling the gauze around.  I went all the way to the bottom and then glued the gauze under the jar.
 
 
Glue some google eyes, and there you have it! 
This was truly easy, and and very fast to make.
 
 I have them displayed on a tray I had bought from Dollar Tree a while ago.
 
Now I just need to add some tea light candles in them, and they will look even cuter in a dark room.
 
If you try this, please send me pics of your finished products, I would love to see them!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment