Friday, December 7, 2012

Christmas Scavenger Hunt - Who Kidnapped Santa?

I have been wanting to do a scavenger hunt with the kids for a while, but I didn't know where to start.  I had no idea you could purchase a kit to organize one. 
The Christmas scavenger hunt by Queen of theme party games was so much fun and took very little work on my part, which was awesome because lately I have been way too busy with school and the Holidays.

I got the kit emailed to me, and all I had to do was download it, print it, and cut it.  It comes with all the instructions necessary, and the only thing I had to buy was envelopes which cost less than $2. 

I also made some cupcakes and got a few "prizes" at the Dollar Tree to award the winners.



To summarize the scavenger hunt; Santa's has been kidnapped, and the kids have to find who kidnapped him, with what "weapon", and where Santa is being kept.

 
We had two teams, I got them each a basket so they could keep the cards they collected and their check lists in there. 

Then I went and hid all the envelops around the yard, each envelope contained a either a person, a weapon, a place, points or a task to do called Uh-Ohh cards. 
 
Ethan's Uh-Ohh Card told him to fall asleep, and he had to stay like that until his team found a respite card.

The kids went around and tried to find envelops, and figure out this scavenger hunt.  They had a blast, and it didn't get as crazy as I thought it would get. 



And finally, it was time to try to decide what happened to Santa. 

 
 
It was a blast, the kids loved doing it, and they ranged from age 14 to age 4.

 
 
 
I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment