Sunday, December 9, 2012

Decorating for Christmas, Where to Get Started.


Last month I told you guys about my trip to Kmart for Christmas decorations as part of my Smiley 360 mission.

Looking for decorations is nice and all, but getting started to decorate can get a little overwhelming. I get it, add 4 kids who want to "help" to that and at times I just want to put all the boxes back in the garage.

Don't get me wrong, I love decorating for Holidays, but having an order helps me out a lot. 
Here's how I do it, I hope this will help relieve some of the stress you may get with decorating.

I bring the boxes of decorations to the room they belong to.  Meaning all the ornaments I bring near the Christmas tree.  All my little houses and accessories I bring near the piece of furniture they will go on.  All outdoor decorations stay in the garage, and so on.

That way if I don't get to finish decorating that day or I get interrupted I don't have an entire house full of Christmas decorations on the floor.

Then I work by sections, usually starting  with the tree because that's what the kids want to do first.

Good luck with your decorating.


Disclosure: I made this post as a member of Smiley 360.  I will received points for this mission, all opinions are 100% mine, and I did not receive any other form of compensation.

No comments:

Post a Comment