Saturday, February 9, 2013

Homemade Laundry Detergent Experiment

When I posted my review for 20 Mule Team Borax, I had so many readers telling me they use it to make their own laundry detergent.  I was very curious, and several of my awesome readers got me recipes for homemade laundry detergent.

So here's how it went:

I decided to try the recipe from Building It On Pennies.

 
The Ingredients

 
The boiling part.

 
All mixed together.

 
The final result.
 
The soap didn't "gel-up" like the recipe suggested, but she also said that it would work regardless.  So, I gave it a try, and used it on two loads so far, and I'm very pleased with it.
 
Thanks to my awesome readers for the suggestion to try it out!

2 comments:

  1. i have used this for 2 years. each batch lasted me a year as i have a front loader which uses less detergent and i have a family of 6.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, I didn't know it would last that long, that's definitely going to save us money!

      Delete