Sunday, March 10, 2013

Frozen Buttercream Transfers for Birthday Cakes

After getting the idea from Wilton, I've been decorating my kids' birthday cakes with these transfers. You basically pick a picture, trace it with frosting, and freeze it.
 
I love using these, the kids get the cake they want, and I don't need special training.

Here are the ones I've made so far:


 
My niece love Dolphins, so I made her this one.
 
 
This is my Papa Smurf cake, and my first attempt. 
 
 
I made this Detroit Lions Logo for my husband.
 
 
Here is my Ninja Turtle Cake, I made the next three transfers on the same day, and I was having a problem with the coloring.  I later found out that I just put too much liquid in my frosting, but the kids were still happy. 
 
 
The blue Ninjago, because they each wanted a different color one, I had to make two.

 
the Red Ninjago.
 
 
Next, I am trying a Minnie Mouse birthday cake, we'll see how that goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment