Thursday, January 16, 2014

Lego Pops & Ninja Turtles Fruit Pizza for Kids Birthdays

We had a lot of Birthdays last month, and unfortunately, I did not have the time to make a full themed Birthday party for the boys.  However, I still wanted to make them a special treat with a theme.

My 7 year old loves Legos, so I made him some little Lego treats he could share with his friends.

Lego Marshmallow Pops:




 
Cut a small circle of marshmallow to put on top a full marshmallow.
 
 
Dip the tip of the stick in the chocolate melts before inserting it in the marshmallow
 

 
 


 
I used a paintbrush and icing to draw the faces, you could also use an icing pen


 
You can wrap them individually to give out as favors

 
The kids loved them, and they were fun and easy to make
 

My 5 year old is a huge Teenage Ninja Turtles fan.  So I made him a Ninja Turtles Fruit Pizza.  It was a huge hit.

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle Fruit Pizza:


It was very easy.  I just used a store bought sugar cookie dough, and made a frosting with:
  • 12 ounces cream cheese, softened
  • 7 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla
  • 1¾ cup powdered sugar
Then just decorate with fruit.  I used a little bit of black icing to trace the eyes and mouth as well.
 
This actually tasted really good!

Disclosure: These creations were pinterest inspired, however, I made my own personal changes to them.

3 comments:

  1. Those are so cute! My son saw the pizza and freaked out lol I'll have to keep this in mind for his birthday in October :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's cute, your son will love it!

      Delete
    2. You dont cook the cookie dough?

      Delete