Tuesday, February 11, 2014

A 30th Birthday Party for my Husband

  
 I love to plan to themed parties, and my husband was turning 30 this year, so I thought it would be a good occasion for a special party. 

He didn't have a specific theme he wanted, and I wasn't inspired by anything specific either, so I decided to focus on the "30" and picked black and white as the colors for the party.

Here's what I came up with:
 
 
 
This was the main table. A simple white table cloth with a black one in the middle.  
 
 
 
 He loves Twizzlers, so I had to include some in the party.  I just used a small mason jar, and some curling ribbon.
  
 
 Another angle of the table
 

 
Here's a close up of the centerpieces. 
I used big mason jars with tissue paper inside. 
Then I used skewer sticks with construction paper and curling ribbon under them.
 
 
This was drinks area.
 
 
We had a S'mores bar

 
Some chocolate covered strawberries, we drizzled the number 30 on the bigger one.

 
These are chocolate covered Oreos
 
 
More deserts, including homemade chocolates
 

 
And finally an ice cream cake
 
I made a homemade Carvel cake recipe I found on Pinterest, and it was a big hit.
 
The decorations all blended well together, and my husband was happy with his party.

No comments:

Post a Comment