Wednesday, March 19, 2014

#BellaFina Peppers & Chorizo Quesadillas Recipe

 
 

As I mentioned before, I got to visit Bailey Farms last month where they grow the colorful and delicious BellaFina peppers.  You can see all about my trip here.

Every since, I've been experimenting with BellaFina peppers to come up with the perfect recipe.

The following recipe has been a big hit in our home.  I hope you like it.

BellaFina Peppers & Chorizo Quesadillas:

 
 Ingredients:
  • 7 BellaFina Peppers
  • 2 cups of Mozzarella
  • 2 medium onions
  • 3 links of Chorizo
  • 10 Tortillas
  • Olive Oil
Makes 5 Quesadillas.

 
Cut the peppers and onions in thin strips
 
 
 
Coat a pan with Olive Oil, then place the Onions and pepper
Cook on medium until soft
 
 
Cut chorizo into small pieces, then fry on a pan for about 5 minutes
 
 
Place a tortilla in a lightly greased pan
Layer with mozarella, pepper mixture, and chorizo
 
Cover with another tortilla, and heat until cheese is melted

 
Voila!  Yummy dinner. 
The kids loved it too!
 
 
Disclosure: I was provided a complimentary gift card by Monsanto to offset the ingredient costs for this recipe. No other compensation was received. All opinions expressed are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment