Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Lemon Yogurt Zucchini Bread


 
Thanks to Platefull co-op, I was recently introduced to the New Liberté Méditerranée Yogurts. 
 
Let me tell you, I'd seen them at the store, but never tried them before.  After trying them, I was sorry I hadn't tried them sooner.  They were delicious!  So creamy, such a treat!
 
My favorite was definitely the coconut flavor, however, I have yet to find a flavor I didn't like.  I even went back to the store to get more, after I ate the first four.
 
I wanted to take these tasty yogurts a step further, and incorporate them into one of my popular recipes.  Well, popular with my kids at least.
 
So I came up with a Lemon Yogurt Zucchini Bread recipe using Liberté Méditerranée Yogurts.
 
Lemon Yogurt Zucchini Bread:
 
Ingredients:
  • 2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 3/4 cup sugar
  • 2 large eggs
  • 1/2 cup vegetable oil
  • One 6 oz Lemon flavor Liberté Yogurt
  • 1 cup coarsely grated zucchini
 
 
  1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Butter and flour a 9- by 4 1/2-inch loaf pan.
  2. In a large bowl, whisk the flour with the baking powder, baking soda, and salt. In a medium bowl, mix the sugar with the eggs, vegetable oil, and yogurt. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients along with the grated zucchini and stir until the batter is evenly moistened.
  3. Scrape the batter into the prepared pan and bake for about 1 hour and 10 minutes, until the loaf is risen and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Let the loaf cool on a rack for 30 minutes before unmolding and serving.

 
It come out very creamy, and definitely kid friendly.
 
Find the New Liberté Méditerranée Yogurts at your local grocery store. 
 
Keep an eye out for their new Lime and Orange-Mango Flavors, and their Greek variety.
 
Disclosure: Platefull co-op provided me with coupons to try the product above, as well as a gift card to purchase ingredients.  All opinions are 100% my own.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds amazing. Gotta try this :)
    www.sweat-answer.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete