Wednesday, May 28, 2014

My Perfect Kitchen Drawer, A Quiche Lorraine Recipe & A Chance for You to Win from Good Cook


Good Cook is hosting a Build Your Kitchen Drawer Sweepstakes starting on June 2, 2014 and ends July 14, 2014.
 
You can build your ideal Kitchen Drawer filled with great Good Cook tools and gadgets!

During the sweepstakes, visit goodcook.com and choose up to 15 items from selected Good Cook products to create your ideal kitchen drawer then enter to win everything you selected.

Can’t decide? You can let the Kitchen Experts help - simply choose one of the featured Kitchen Expert Blogger drawers and enter it for a chance to win it.
Make sure to visit their facebook page from June 2- June 7 for their 5-day product giveaway and win selected products.

There will also be Instant winners!

Every drawer entered has a chance to win an instant prize, and you can submit a new drawer every day for a chance to win. 

It's very simple to add items to your drawer, just click the "ADD ME" icon below on any participating product.


I built my ideal kitchen drawer with my favorite 15 items! Check them out:


Tools in My Drawer:
  1. Collapsible Funnel: This helps transfer any liquids or spices into jars, cans or bottles without a mess.  The collapsible part saves me so much space in my kitchen.
  2. Chrome Whisk, 10": This whisk works very well, I tried it with eggs and it was very efficient.  It's also small enough to not take too much room in your drawer.
  3. Prep Bowls, 5pc Set: These little prep bowls have come in so handy, and I love that they have measurements in each bowl, all the way from ¼ cup to 2-cups.
  4. Stuffed Burger Press:  You can make the ideal burger with this press.  So easy to use, and you can choose to stuff them or not.  I loved using this on the grill, my burgers looked professional.  Make sure the burger meat is not too moist or they will be hard to take out of the press.
  5. Nonstick Santoku Knife, 5":  This is perfect to cut meats, fish, poultry, and vegetables. It was effortless, I don't think I've ever had a knife this nice before. 
  6. Nonstick Sandwich Knife, 5": The sandwich knife was perfect to cut through a loaf of bread, or a baguette.  It made nice straight cuts without squishing my bread.
  7. Nonstick Chef's Knife, 5": I used this knife to chop onions, carrots, and potatoes.  It super easy to cut, and fun to use. I love the nonstick coating, which makes it fast to clean up.
  8. Count Up or Down Digitial Timer: This digital timer has the option to count down or up for anything you need timed. My favorite feature is the magnetic strip so I can keep it on the fridge.  It also has a clip that you can use as a stand or actually clip it somewhere. It was easy to figure out too.
  9. Candy/Deep Fry Thermometer:  I don't need a thermometer often but at times it can be necessary.  I used it for making meringue icing, and it worked great.  You can also use it for meats, or candy making. It withstands extreme temperatures between 110-400 degrees Fahrenheit.
  10. Classic Pizza Cutter: Everyone needs a reliable pizza cutter. This one works great, and it is rust and tarnish resistant.
  11. Lobster Cracker: I love this multi function cracker. We had to buy lobsters for me to try this one out of course!  It's really strong, and worked great.  You can use it for nuts too.
  12. Skewers, 4ct: Perfect for anything from vegetables to meats on the grill, and you can reuse them as often as you want.
  13. Salad Tongs: I love the clear plastic, and the fact that they are easy to use.  I can pick up salad or fruit easily with these tongs.  They are pretty enough to use at a party too.
  14. "Measure From Above" 3 Piece Liquid Measuring Cup Set: This set allows you to measure from above to make it easier.  It also has a tear drop shape for easy pouring, and you can mix and measure all in the same cup.
  15. Soap Dispensing Scour Sponge Scrubber:  We all have to clean the kitchen at some point, so why not making it easier on ourselves.  I love having the handle, I think it's easier on my hands.  Just fill the transparent handle with your liquid dish soap, press techy black seal to close and scour away.
         
Meet my Drawer:
"Everything but the Kitchen Sink Drawer"


Being from France, I decided I would make my signature Quiche Lorraine using some of my new tools.  I did modify it a little from the traditional Quiche Lorraine, but it's still delicious.


Quiche Lorraine:

Ingredients:
  • Pie crust
  • 2 cups Cheese (any mix you prefer)
  • 6 slices of Bacon
  • 2 cups Milk
  • 4 eggs
  • salt and Pepper
Directions:
  • Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Lightly spray your pie dish, then place your crust inside.  Poke crust in a few places with fork.
  • Add 1/4 cup of cheese.
  • Cut Bacon in small pieces, and place over cheese.
  • Add remaining cheese.
  • Beat with wire whisk the eggs and milk. Add salt and pepper to taste.
  • Pour Milk mixture over cheese.
  • Bake 35 minutes.
 
Serve with sliced tomatoes covered with a balsamic vinaigrette.


All selected items on goodcook.com will be 25% off during the event. 

Disclosure: I received the above products for free for my review, all opinions are 100% mine.  I did not receive any other form of compensation.

No comments:

Post a Comment