Saturday, June 21, 2014

French for Kids DVD: On va Jouez by Whistlefritz

Salut! 

Are you ready for more French lessons from Whistlefritz?

This time they've come up with a new fun DVD called On va Jouez- Let's play.


 I've reviewed a couple of other French learning products for kids that Whistlefritz offers, and this one was just as fun, joyful, and educational as the others.

Their products are interactive full immersion programs which means they only speak in French, and never translate.  However, they make sure to illustrate what is being said with images, and lots of repetition. 

Fritzi the mouse returns in this DVD with a group of kids and Mary who does most of the teaching.  On va Jouez introduces kids to body parts, and clothes.  As I've mentioned in my other reviews, it's always very important for me that the people in the videos speak native French, which all of them do in Whistlefritz products.

I love that they sing familiar songs in French such as "head, shoulders, knees, and toes".  The DVD is full of color, fun songs, and dance along parts.

My youngest two kids couldn't wait to watch it, my oldest two were a little apprehensive, but as soon as the DVD started they were all laughing and singing along. 

The kids will watch the DVD, then I will ask them about words later, and as long as I keep the words fresh in their minds, they are able to recall them.  The fact that they have watched them being sung in familiar songs also helps them a lot.

You can watch a sample of the DVD Here

 
I'm a big fan of Whistlefritz French learning products, and I feel that they are a great help in teaching kids a foreign language.  Of course, this DVD alone isn't going to make anyone fluent, but it definitely helps with basic words, and sentences. 

I also love that they are very affordable.

BUY IT: buy it online HERE for $19.99

See my other reviews:


Disclosure: I received a free copy of the product above in order to write my review.  All opinions are 100% my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment