Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Host a Magic Show Themed Birthday Party

 
 
I have three birthdays to celebrate within a few weeks of each other, so I usually try to plan a joint birthday party.
 
I had to find a theme that would please three boys ages 9, 8 and 6.  One thing they all love is magic, so I decided to throw them a Magic Show Party!
 
 
I started with choosing colors for my theme, red, black and white.  Then I bought balloons, table clothes, cups, plates etc. all in my theme's colors.
 
 
I looked around my house for decorations that would fit my theme.  I found this top hat pot that we got as a New Year's Eve gift and repurposed it as a magic hat.  I also found some old cards and figured they can always represent magic.
 
I used a wood stick and taped playing cards to it, then I filled the hat with shredded paper and got myself a cool centerpiece.
 
 
I got a Magician hat from the party store as well as some cheap magic wands so the kids could play magicians during the party.
 
It was a fun party favor for the kids to have and it also served as a pretty decoration for my table.
 
 
I bought mini magician hats and filled them with Chex mix.  You could fill them with candy, peanuts or anything else really.
 
 
I've been saving Frappuccino jars for a while knowing they would come in handy one day.  I had some water bottle labels made, added some red and white paper straws, and the kids had "Magic Potion" to drink.
 
 
Of course you can't have a Magic party without a magician! 
 
I hired a local magician for a fun show during the party.  He performed tricks, and then made each kid a balloon.  It was a blast for both kids and adults.
 
 
Kids are always looking for a little parting gift so I bought simple red paper bags and filled them with goodies.
 
 
I printed address labels with a thank you note and a picture of a magic hat.  It fit well with the party, and was very easy to make.
 
Using paper crepe is always an easy and cheap way to spruce up a corner. Just use your theme colors and it will look great.
 
 
This was a fun party to plan, have a blast with it, and feel free to ask any questions.

2 comments:

  1. How did you do the sign "This is where the magic happens"? Was it a download

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I googled the image for the hand, and made it as a word document.

      Delete