Thursday, May 28, 2015

Host a Paw Patrol Birthday Party

 
My daughter is huge fan of the Paw Patrols and the only thing she's been asking for is a Paw Patrol Birthday Party.  She was asking for that 6 months before her actual birthday!
 
I love to plan themed parties so I was happy to oblige.
 
 
I've been working overtime for months now, so I tried to keep it as simple as possible, while still making it fun for her. 
 
I always start with centerpieces because they're the easiest things to set your theme.
 
I googled each Paw Patrol Character and printed them on photo paper, then I taped them to kabob sticks.  I placed the sticks in mason jars filled with shredded color paper.  You could fill them with tissue paper as well.
 
 
Next, I visited Dollar Tree to stock up on plates and napkins, and of course I looked for anything puppy themed.  These doggy bowls were perfect for snacks!  And I used the small jar for Scooby snacks. 
 
Some of the kids thought they were real dog treats, it was funny to see their faces when people ate the "treats".
 
 
Let's not forget about Birthday Invitations!  I made my own Paw Patrol Birthday Invitation using Hp Photo Creations from Myprintly.  They were easy to make and I printed them at home on photo paper so no shipping cost or wait. 
 
 
I used an old frame and printed this funny sign for the food table. 
I put Whoppers in the puppy bowl to make it look like dog food.
The dog treat jar has Scooby Snacks in it.
 
 
The Chocolate Covered Oreo Paws were a big hit, and they were very easy to make. 
 
I used good quality white chocolate, melted it and covered the oreos.  I let it set in the fridge a few minutes, then I melted milk chocolate, put it in a Ziploc bag, cut the corner and traced the paws on the cookies.  I decided to experiment with letters and numbers, and it worked too.
 
 
This was the sweets table.
 
 
Of course you have to have a beverage station.
 
I bought plain red and blue cups and printed the Paw Patrol signs from the Nick Jr. Site HereThey were great to keep track of who's cup was who's.
 
They have other great printable, including invitations.
 
 
Finally, kids are always looking for their party favor on the way out.  I loved the Adopt a Puppy idea I saw on pinterest, so I recreated it.
 
I found small stuffed animals 90% off after valentines, so I stocked up, cut off the red bows that were them, and they were perfect for our adoption bin. 
 
 
I printed a little thank you note on sticker labels and put them on cardboard paper.  Then I attached them with ribbon to each puppy to personalize them.
 

Here's a bonus picture of the smiling birthday kid!

19 comments:

  1. Awesome ideas! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome ideas! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much for sharing! What wonderful ideas and it looks awesome. Thanks for the info on the dipped Oreos too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi I loved your ideas my daughter is turning 2 next month and wants paw patrol party. Please help, how do I print on photo paper? What size does it have to be for centerpieces? Do I need a certain type of printer? I appreciate your help.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just set your printer setting to photo paper and specific paper size. I used size 5X7 for the centerpieces.

      Delete
  5. How did you make the tags for the favors?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I made a document for large address labels, and placed the labels on construction paper once printed.

      Delete
  6. Awesome ideas! Can I ask where you found the puppies discounted after Valentine's Day? I'd love to snag some after next weeks holiday for my sons party in April! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mandy, I found them at Kmart. They were wrapped in little gift baskets (which I reused the baskets for Easter gifts).

      Delete
  7. Thats great Naomi can you tell what games u played

    ReplyDelete
  8. This patrol party idea is just fabulous and these chocolates covered with Oreo paw looking yummy. Will surely try this in my niece’s birthday party at one of New York venues. I am sure he will like it as boys have craze for these things. It will be a fun day.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nathaly from the CaribbeanJuly 10, 2017 at 9:00 AM

    Hi my sons bday is in August and he wants paw patrol I wanna get the dog bowls and the dog jar where can I order them?

    ReplyDelete