With help from Monsanto #CampSci, we were able to keep the kids busy this summer with an fun and educational Science Camp at home.
Our favorite science camp activity was Garden in a Glove. It was easy to execute and perfect to get several kids involved.
For Garden in a Glove, you start by placing a wet cotton ball (squeeze excess water) in each finger of a plastic glove.
- Next, place 3-5 seeds on each cotton ball. Use a different veggie for each finger. Make sure to label each finger.
- Then, place a second wet cotton ball in each finger, and make sure the seeds are between the two cotton balls.
- Blow air into the glove and seal it. Place where your glove will have good sun exposure.
- After 5 to 9 days, your seeds should be getting too big for glove.
- Move them to mini carton boxes filled with soil.
- Place them outside, water them, and watch them grow.
Ours are still growing, we can't wait to eat our new veggies...